The standard sender general properties are used to specify the destination site of the sender address, the sender address's priority relative to other sender addresses to the same site, and information needed to access the destination site.
- Destination site code
- The site code for the site associated with this sender address. If this sender address already exists, this field is unavailable. If you are creating a new sender address, select a site from the list (which contains all known sites) or type a site code. Do not type a site name; it will be ignored.
- Relative address priority
- A priority to this sender address that is compared to any other sender addresses (such as for Courier Sender or Standard Sender) to the same site. A value of 1 is the highest priority.The highest priority sender address is tried first when the current site communicates with this destination site. If this communication fails, the next-highest priority sender address is used.When you create a new sender address, the default priority is the lowest available. For example, if there are two other sender addresses to the destination site on the current site, the default for this field is 3. Priority values cannot be shared; only one sender address can exist for each priority number.
- Destination Access
- The controls located within the Destination access group
are used by the new address to define the destination site server
and the account used to connect to it.
- Site server name: Enter the site
server name that this address will be used to connect to (can be
either FQDN or shortname).
- Site address account: By default, the
originating site server computer account is used to connect to the
destination site. If you prefer to use a domain user account for
the address to use as the Site Address account to connect to the
destination site server, you can click Set. However, after
you enter a user account, you cannot change back to using the site
server computer account without deleting the sender address and
- Set. Click to open the Windows User
Account dialog box, which enables you to specify the destination
- Site server name: Enter the site server name that this address will be used to connect to (can be either FQDN or shortname).