Use the Client Push Installation Wizard in Configuration Manager 2007 to install the Configuration Manager client to a collection, a query or a computer.
The client push installation wizard contains the pages described in the following table:
- Welcome Page
- Displays an introduction page to identify the purpose of the wizard.
- Installation Options Page
- Configures the following options for client push installation:
- Include domain controllers: If this
item is selected, then the Configuration Manager 2007 client will
be installed to any domain controllers in the targeted
Note If you have configured client push installation to install to domain controllers on the General tab of the Client Push Installation Properties dialog box then this item will be automatically selected and grayed out.
- Include only clients in this site's
boundaries: If this item is selected, then any targeted
computers must be in this Configuration Manager 2007 site
boundaries to install the client software.
Note If no boundaries are defined for this Configuration Manager 2007 site then this item will be unavailable.
- Include subcollections: If this item
is selected and you are targeting the client push installation to a
collection, then any subcollections of this collection will also be
targeted with the Configuration Manager 2007 client.
Note If you are targeting client push installation to a single computer or to the results obtained from running a query then this option will be unavailable.
- Always install (repair or upgrade existing
client): If this item is selected then the Configuration
Manager 2007 client will be installed on all applicable targeted
computers, even if they already contain a Configuration Manager
- Include domain controllers: If this item is selected, then the Configuration Manager 2007 client will be installed to any domain controllers in the targeted resources.
- Completing the Wizard Page
- This page lists the settings that were specified for this wizard. Click Finish to close the wizard and to begin the client push installation based on these settings.