The Custom Severity tab in the Configuration Manager 2007 software update name properties dialog box can be used to configure custom severity values for software updates if predefined severity values do not meet administrators' needs. The custom values are listed in the Custom Severity column in the ConfigMgr Administrator console. Administrators can sort software updates by the defined custom severity values and also create queries and reports that can filter on these values. This setting can be configured only on the highest site in the hierarchy with an active software update point
The Custom Severity tab contains the following elements:
- Custom Severity
- Sets a custom severity value for software updates. Select Critical, Important, Moderate, or Low from the drop-down list. By default, the custom severity value is empty.
- Saves the changes and exits the dialog box.
- Exits the dialog box without saving any changes.
- Saves the changes and remains in the dialog box.
- Opens the help topic for this tab of the dialog box.