Use the Permissions tab of the Configuration Manager 2007 Assembly Properties dialog box or File or Folder Properties dialog box to configure if and how Windows security permissions will be included in the validation for the object's compliance.
|You cannot add new permissions to a child configuration item.|
This tab contains the following elements:
- Include permissions
- Specifies whether Windows security permissions will be included in the object's validation.
- Specifies that only those Windows groups or users in the group or user name list can have access to the object and must have the permissions specified in the Permissions list. If other Windows users or groups have permissions to the object, or if the specified Windows Users or groups have different permissions to those in the Permissions list, then the object will report a non-compliance status.
- Specifies that Windows groups or users in the group or user name list must have by minimum the security rights shown in the Permissions list to be reported as compliant. If other Windows groups or users have access to this object, they will not be included when assessing this object for compliance.
- Group or user name:
- Displays a list of Windows user account or group names that will be included when assessing compliance for this object and whether the user or group is configured with allow or deny security permissions to the object.
- Opens the Enter Group or User Name dialog box to specify the Windows security group or user names to include in the permission validation and whether they will be configured with allow or deny permissions to the object.
- Deletes the selected group or user name so that they will not be included in the permission validation.
- Displays the relevant security permissions for the selected group or user name so that you can enable the options for each security permission to include in the validation. Specify the permissions that the user or group will be validated against. Note that some permissions automatically include and exclude others. For example, enabling Read will also automatically enable the Read Attributes permission, and enabling Full Control will enable all permissions in the list.
- Saves the changes and exits the dialog box.
- Exits the dialog box without saving any changes.
- Opens the help topic for this tab of the dialog box.