The Data Access tab allows you to specify where Configuration Manager 2007 will save the operating system install package on the distribution point. The location specified will be applied to all distribution points that receive the package.
This page contains the elements described in the following table.
- Access distribution folder through common Configuration Manager 2007 package share
- Specifies that the image is accessed through the common Configuration Manager 2007 package share (SMSPKGx$, where x is the drive letter) on distribution points. By default, this option is selected.
- Share distribution folder
- Specifies a unique distribution folder. Enter the name of the
share in the Share name box. The name specified must be a
valid share and cannot contain the following characters:/, :, *,
?, ", <, >, \, =
Important Do not specify a folder that is in use by another process. If the folder that you specify contains files, these files might be overwritten.
- Package update settings
- Specifies the disconnect settings that will take effect when Configuration Manager 2007 updates images on distribution points.
- Disconnect users from distribution points
- Notifies users before disconnecting them from distribution points when Configuration Manager 2007 updates package data. By default, this check box is cleared.
- Number of retries before disconnecting users
- Specifies the number of times that Configuration Manager 2007 tries to update the image source files before disconnecting users who are connected to the distribution point. The default setting is 2; however, you can specify the number of retries from 0 to 99.
- Interval between user notification and disconnection (minutes)
- Specifies, in minutes, how long Configuration Manager 2007 should wait after notifying users before disconnecting them from distribution points. The default setting is 5 minutes; however, you can specify a grace period from 0 to 59 minutes.