Use the Software Update Deployment Template Wizard in Configuration Manager 2007 to create a software update deployment template, which stores many of the software update deployment properties. Deployment templates can be used when creating software update deployments to ensure consistency in similar deployments and to save time. After the new template is created, it is displayed in the Deployment Templates node of the Configuration Manager console and available for use when creating new deployments.
|You might need to run the Refresh action before new templates are displayed in the Deployment Templates node.|
Click the related link for detailed information about each wizard page in the Software Update Deployment Template Wizard.
In This Section
- Deployment Template Wizard: Template Name Page
- Specifies the name and description of the deployment template.
- Deployment Template Wizard: Collection Page
- Specifies the collection that is targeted for the software update deployment. Templates can be created without a collection so that one deployment template can be used during a phased deployment where collections change over time.
- Deployment Template Wizard: Display/Time Settings Page
- Specifies whether users are notified of pending software updates and see the update installation progress, whether a client evaluates the deployment schedule based on local time or UTC, and the duration setting that is used to set the default deadline time in a deployment.
- Deployment Template Wizard: Restart Settings Page
- Specifies the system restart behavior when a software update installs on a client and requires a restart to complete, and whether system restarts are allowed outside of configured maintenance windows.
- Deployment Template Wizard: Event Generation Page
- Specifies whether to disable Microsoft Operations Manager alerts during software update installation and whether an Operation Manager alert is created when a software update installations fails.
- Deployment Template Wizard: Download Settings Page
- Specifies the behavior for software update installation when clients are within a "slow or unreliable" network boundary and when clients are within the boundaries of a protected distribution point that does not contain the software update.
- Deployment Template Wizard: SMS 2003 Settings Page
- Specifies whether to generate a special deployment for SMS 2003 clients that are in the software updates target collection.
- Wizard - Summary Page
- Provides a summary of the deployment template properties.
- Wizard - Progress Page
- Provides the progress for deployment template creation.
- Wizard - Completing the Wizard Page
- Provides a summary of the created deployment template properties or a list of issues that occurred during deployment template creation.