Topic last updated—March 2008
Use the Deployment Re-evaluation tab in the Configuration Manager 2007 Software Updates Client Agent Properties dialog box to configure how often the Software Updates Client Agent reevaluates software updates for installation status on Configuration Manager 2007 client computers. When software updates that have been previously installed are no longer found on client computers, and still required, they are reinstalled. The deployment reevaluation schedule should be adjusted based on company policy for software update compliance, whether users have the ability to uninstall software updates, and so on, and with the consideration that every deployment reevaluation cycle results in some network and client computer CPU activity.
|The scan cycle on Systems Management Server 2003 clients can be modified by configuring the recurring schedule on the Advanced SMS 2003 Deployment Properties dialog box.|
The Deployment Re-evaluation tab contains the following elements:
- Specifies that software updates are reevaluated on a specific interval based on the number of days. You can specify from 1 to 31 days. By default, the simple schedule is selected and the interval is set to 7 days.
- Specifies that software updates are reevaluated on a custom
schedule. When the Custom option is selected, click the
Customize button to open the Custom Schedule dialog
box and specify the schedule start date and time, and recurrence
using the following settings:
- Start: Sets the date and time when the
deployment reevaluation schedule starts on client computers.
Important The actual start time on client computers is the start time plus a random amount of time up to 2 hours. This prevents client computers from initiating the scan and connecting to Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) on the active software update point server at the same time.
- Weekly: Deployment reevaluation
recurrence is configured for every n weeks, where n
specifies the number of weeks, on a specific day of the week, and
at the configured start time. For example, the recurrence can be
set for every 2 weeks on Saturday at the configured start time.
- Monthly - Deployment reevaluation
recurrence is configured for every n months, where n
specifies the number of months and one of the following:
- Specific day of the month.
- The last day of the month.
- The first, second, third, fourth, or last week of the month and
a specific day of the week. For example, the recurrence can be set
for every 2 months on the second Friday of the month and at the
configured start time.
- Specific day of the month.
- Custom interval: Deployment
reevaluation recurrence is configured based on a specific number
days. You can specify from 1 to 31 days. The Interval setting is
configured much like the simple schedule, but will always run at
the specified start time.
- Start: Sets the date and time when the deployment reevaluation schedule starts on client computers.
- Saves the changes and exits the dialog box.
- Exits the dialog box without saving any changes.
- Saves the changes and remains in the dialog box.
- Opens the help topic for this tab of the dialog box.