Performing weekly maintenance is important to ensure proper site operations. A weekly maintenance log should be maintained to document dates that maintenance was conducted, by whom, and any maintenance related comments about the task conducted.
Common Weekly Maintenance Tasks
Some common weekly maintenance tasks are listed below. Add any other maintenance tasks as needed to your weekly maintenance log:
- Verify that predefined maintenance tasks
scheduled to run weekly are running successfully.
- Delete unnecessary files from site
- Produce and distribute end-user reports if
- Back up application, security, and system
event logs and clear them.
- Check the site database size and verify that
there is enough available disk space on the site database server to
allow the site database to grow.
- Perform SQL Server database maintenance
on the site database according to your SQL Server maintenance
- Check available disk space on all site
- Run disk defragmentation tools on all site