Use the Assignment Schedule dialog box in Configuration Manager 2007 to specify a schedule for an advertised program that is mandatory for a specific collection. If the program has not been run on individual clients within the collection by the scheduled time specified in this dialog box, it will automatically run at that time.
The Assignment Schedule dialog box contains the following elements:
UI Element List
- Assign to the following schedule
- Specifies whether there is a specific schedule for the program
assignment. If this option is selected, the advertised program is
assigned according to the specified dates and times. This option is
selected and scheduled to the current date and time with no
recurrence by default.To set a specific schedule for the assigned
program, click the Schedule button. This opens the Custom
Schedule dialog box and allows you to specify the schedule and
recurrence pattern for the assignment. For more information about
this dialog box, see Custom Schedule Dialog
Note If the advertised program is dependent on another program (that is, it is configured to run another program first), Configuration Manager 2007 will not automatically rerun the first program, even if the advertised program is on a recurring schedule.
- Assign immediately after this event
- Specifies that a specific event that must occur before the
advertised program automatically runs on clients. The following
events are available if this option is selected:
- As soon as possible: Specifies that
the program will automatically run as soon as it reaches the client
and all program requirements are met. This value is specified by
- Logon: Specifies that the program will
automatically run the next time a user logs on to the client.
- Logoff: Specifies that the program
will automatically run the next time a user logs off the
- As soon as possible: Specifies that the program will automatically run as soon as it reaches the client and all program requirements are met. This value is specified by default.
- Saves the changes and exits the dialog box.
- Exits the dialog box without saving any changes.
- Opens the help topic for the dialog box.