Use the Source Files page in the Configuration Manager Distribute Software to Devices Wizard to specify how Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 should manage any source files for the package.
This page contains the elements described in the following table.
UI Element List
- This package does not contain any source files
- Specifies whether the package requires source files that its programs must run and that are not already on the mobile device.
- Always obtain files from a source directory
- Specifies that the package requires source files that its programs must run, and that you must indicate the location of those source files. Each time a distribution point is refreshed, Configuration Manager 2007 will obtain the package source files from the path specified in the Source directory box. Use this option if the source files are likely to remain at the specified path, such as a share on a server.
- Create a compressed version of the source
- Specifies that the package requires source files that its
programs must run and that these source files will be stored in a
compressed version on the site server. If this option is selected,
this compressed version will be decompressed and copied to the
distribution points instead of being copied directly from the
original source folder when the distribution points are refreshed.
Use this option if the source files might be removed from the
specified path (for example, if the source files are on a CD). If
you select this option and then specify Update All Distribution
Points in the Manage Distribution Points Wizard, a new
version of the compressed copy is created from the specified source
Note The storage location of the source files must be NTFS format. FAT file format will not store files.
- Goes to the previous page of the wizard.
- Goes to the next page of the wizard.
- Goes to the Summary page of the wizard.
- Discards the settings and exits the wizard.