Topic last updated -- January 2008
There are various tasks associated with deploying the Configuration Manager 2007 client. However, before deploying clients, ensure that you have configured the environment appropriately. See Configuring Configuration Manager Client Deployment for more information.
The links in this section provide the necessary information to complete the tasks associated with client deployment.
In This Section
- Tasks for Installing Configuration Manager Clients
- Lists the tasks associated with each client deployment method.
- Tasks for Configuration Manager Client Assignment
- Lists the tasks associated with site assignment so that installed clients can be managed by Configuration Manager 2007.
- Tasks for Configuration Manager Internet-Based Client Management
- Lists the tasks associated with managing clients in a site that supports Internet-based client management.
- Tasks for International and Multi-Language Configuration Manager Clients
- Lists the tasks associated with deploying and supporting multi-language clients that use the International Client Packs (ICPs).
- Tasks for Managing Configuration Manager Clients
- Lists the tasks associated with managing clients after they are deployed and assigned to their site.
- Tasks for Monitoring Configuration Manager Clients
- Lists the tasks associated with monitoring clients to ensure that they continue to be successfully managed by Configuration Manager 2007.
- Tasks for Managing Configuration Manager Clients on Windows Embedded Devices
- Lists tasks associated with managing Configuration Manager 2007 clients on devices running the Windows XP Embedded operating system.
ConceptsAdministrator Checklist: Deploying Configuration Manager Clients
Overview of Configuration Manager Client Deployment
Overview of Internet-Based Client Management
Other ResourcesPlanning and Deploying Clients for Configuration Manager 2007
Planning for Configuration Manager Client Deployment
Configuring Configuration Manager Client Deployment