Use the Download Updates Wizard in Configuration Manager 2007 to download and copy the software updates to the deployment package folder on the distribution points configured for the package. It allows administrators to prepare, or provision, the distribution points with the software updates source files prior to deploying them.
Click the related link for detailed information about each wizard page in the Download Updates Wizard.
In This Section
- Download Updates Wizard: Deployment Package Page
- Specifies the package that will be used to host the software updates in the deployment.
- Download Updates Wizard: Distribution Points Page
- Specifies the distribution points used to host the software update files defined in the deployment.
- Download Updates Wizard: Data Access Page
- Specifies how users can access distribution points to retrieve the files contained in the deployment package.
- Add Distribution Points Dialog Box
- Specifies the distribution points that are available to be added to the deployment package.
- Download Updates Wizard: Distribution Settings Page
- Specify the sending priority and preferred sender for the deployment package when it is sent to child sites and the content settings for branch distribution points.
- Download Updates Wizard: Download Location Page
- Specifies whether the software updates in the deployment package should be downloaded from the Internet location specified in the vendor catalog or to use local copies of the software updates
- Download Updates Wizard: Language Selection Page
- Specifies the languages that are downloaded for the software updates in the deployment.
- Wizard - Summary Page
- Provides a summary of the packaging properties.
- Wizard - Progress Page
- Provides the progress for the packaging creation.
- Wizard - Completing the Wizard Page
- Provides a summary of the created packaging properties or a list of issues that occurred during packaging creation.