A Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 primary site must have access to a supported version of Microsoft SQL Server to host the site database. You can install SQL Server on the server that is used as the primary site server, on a remote server, or even on a clustered SQL Server instance in the Configuration Manager 2007 site.
|For a list of supported SQL Server versions, see Configuration Manager Supported Configurations.|
In This Section
- Using a Remote SQL Server to Host the Site Database
- Describes how to use a remote SQL Server to host the site database.
- Using a Clustered SQL Server Instance to Host the Site Database
- Describes how to use a clustered SQL Server database to host the site database.
- About Windows Authentication in SQL Server
- Describes Windows Authentication in SQL Server.