Use the Rules tab of the Configuration Manager 2007 configuration baseline properties dialog box to add or delete configuration items and configuration baselines that define how compliance will be evaluated on client computers.
|If you see Unresolved configuration item reference in place of a configuration item name, this might denote one of the following scenarios and to resolve both cases, obtain an updated version of the configuration item:Scenario 1: A read-only child configuration item whose parent configuration item has been modified or superseded. The child configuration item will still be correctly evaluated for compliance by desired configuration management, with all details of that compliance available except for the display name.Scenario 2: A read-only configuration baseline that contains a configuration item that is now superseded or that has been deleted. The configuration item will still be correctly evaluated for compliance by desired configuration management, but the details of that compliance will not be available in the server reports. However, the details of that compliance are available in the client report.|
This tab contains the following elements:
- Specifies which configuration items and configuration baselines define compliance for this configuration baseline. To add configuration items or configuration baselines to a rule, click the rule hyperlink. To delete a configuration item or configuration baseline from the rules, select it and click Delete.
- Removes the selected configuration item or configuration baseline from a configuration baseline rule.
- Saves the changes and exits the dialog box.
- Exits the dialog box without saving any changes.
- Saves the changes and remains in the dialog box.
- Opens the help topic for this tab of the dialog box.