Use the NAP Evaluation tab in the Configuration Manager 2007 software update name properties dialog box to specify whether the software update is required for compliance when using Network Access Protection (NAP). Enable NAP evaluation to include the software update in a NAP policy that will become effective on NAP-capable clients based on the configured schedule.
When the policy becomes effective, NAP-capable clients might have restricted access until they comply with the selected software update. Network restriction and remediation is dependent on how the policies are configured on the Windows Network Policy Server. This setting can be configured only on the site that is highest in the hierarchy with an active software update point
|This tab is not displayed when opening the properties for multiple software updates or when the NAP agent is not enabled on the site.|
The NAP Evaluation tab contains the following elements:
- Enable NAP evaluation
- Specifies whether the software update is included in the NAP policy and evaluated on NAP-capable clients.
- As soon as possible
- Specifies that the software update is included in the NAP policy, which becomes effective on NAP-capable clients as soon as possible.
- Date and time
- Specifies that the software update is included in the NAP policy, which becomes effective on NAP-capable clients on the specified date and time.
- Save the changes and exit the dialog box.
- Exit the dialog box without saving any changes.
- Save the changes and remain in the dialog box.
- Opens the help topic for this tab of the dialog box.
TasksHow to Deploy Software Updates
How to Create a Configuration Manager NAP Policy for Network Access Protection
ConceptsAbout the NAP Effective Date in Network Access Protection
About NAP Evaluation in Network Access Protection
About Configuration Manager NAP Policies in Network Access Protection