Before distributing software to clients, you must first configure the supporting infrastructure. This includes not only configuring the built-in components and client agents, but also designating distribution points (or branch distribution points) to disseminate the software packages to clients, making sure you have the collections that fit your needs, and ensuring that administrators and clients have the rights necessary to access the software.
This section provides links to a checklist that provides detail about the software distribution configuration process, as well as configuration procedures for the software distribution infrastructure.
Click the related link for detailed information about the associated software distribution configuration topic.
In This Section
- How to Configure Software Distribution Components
- Specifies how to configure the Configuration Manager components specific to software distribution.
- How to Configure the Advertised Programs Client Agent
- Specifies how to configure the Advertised Programs Client Agent to enable software distribution.
- How to Configure Distribution Points
- Specifies how to set up and configure standard distribution points to distribute packages to your clients.
- How to Configure Branch Distribution Points
- Specifies how to set up and configure branch distribution points to distribute packages to your clients in distributed offices.
- How to Configure Package Access Accounts
- Specifies how to configure package access accounts to ensure that appropriate administrators and clients can access the software packages.