Use the Apply Windows Settings task sequence step to configure the Windows settings for the target computer. The specified values are stored in the appropriate answer file format for use by Windows Setup when the Setup Windows and ConfigMgr task sequence action is run.
The Apply Windows Settings task sequence action runs only in Windows Preinstallation Environment (WinPE) and will not run in a standard operating system. For information about task sequence variables for this task sequence action, see Apply Windows Settings Task Sequence Action Variables.
You can configure the following settings.
- A short user-defined name that describes the action taken in this step
- More detailed information about the action taken in this step.
- User name
- Specify the registered user name that will be associated with the target computer. This value can be overridden by the value that is captured by the Capture Windows Settings task sequence action.
- Organization name
- Specify the registered organization name that will be associated with the target computer. This value can be overridden by the value that is captured by the Capture Windows Settings task sequence action.
- Product key
- Specify the product key that will be used for the Windows installation on the target computer.
- Server licensing
- Specify the server licensing mode. You can select Per server or Per user as the licensing mode. If you select per Server as the licensing mode you will also need to specify the maximum number of connections that will be permitted per your license agreement. If the target computer is not a server or you do not want to specify the licensing mode you should select Do not specify.
- Maximum connections
- Specify the maximum number of connections that are available for this computer as stated in your license agreement.
- Randomly generate the local administrator password and disable the account on all supported platforms (recommended)
- Select this option to randomly generate a local administrator password. This creates a local administrator password and causes the account to be disabled on supported platforms.
- Enable the account and specify the local administrator password
- Select this option if want to enable the local administrator account and create the local administrator password. Enter the password on the Password line and confirm the password on the Confirm password line.
- Time Zone
- Specify the time zone that should be configured on the target computer. This value can be overridden by the value that is captured by the Capture Windows Settings task sequence action.