When image packages are distributed between sites, you must use senders to communicate with other sites. Use the Distribution Settings tab to specify the optional sending priority and preferred sender for the package.
The Distribution Settings tab contains the following settings:
- Sending priority
- Specifies the priority of this image package when sent to distribution points in child sites. Images can be sent with High, Medium, or Low priority. The default setting is Medium priority. Images are sent in priority order: high-priority items are sent first, medium priority items next, and then low priority items. Images with identical priorities are sent in the order in which they were created in the Configuration Manager console.Sending priority for an image is carried over for images sent from a parent site to a child site.
- Preferred sender
- Specifies the sender to be used to send this image to
distribution points in other sites. You can specify any sender
configured for the site or No Preference, which uses any
available sender. The default setting is No Preference.
Note To use Courier Sender to distribute images, you must select it as the preferred sender.
- Branch Distribution Point content settings
- Specifies configuration options for specifying how images are distributed to branch distribution points.
- Branch distribution points automatically download this package when they receive the advertisement
- Specifies that the package download automatically to a branch distribution point when a branch distribution point is specified manually or when running the Manage Distribution Points Wizard. This option is selected by default.
- Make this package available on protected distribution points when requested by clients inside the protected boundaries
- Specifies that the package be made available to Configuration Manager 2007 clients inside the protected boundaries. This option is available only when the Branch distribution points automatically download this package when they receive the advertisement option is selected.
- Administrator manually copies this package to branch distribution points
- Allows you to manually manage how the package is distributed to branch distribution points.
- Allow this package to be transferred via multicast
- Enables this package to be transferred via multicast. Multicasting conserves network bandwidth by simultaneously sending data to multiple clients rather than copying and sending a copy of the data to each client over a separate connection. Multicast is only supported during the WinPE phase of operating system deployment. Applies only to Configuration Manager 2007 R2 or later.
- Encrypt packages when transferred via multicast
- Specifies that the package will be sent encrypted when sent via multicast. Use this option if the operating system image package contains sensitive information. If not encrypted, the contents of the package will be visible in clear text on the network and could be read by other computers connected to the network.Applies only to Configuration Manager 2007 R2 or later.
- Only transfer this package via multicast
- Specifies that this package can only be sent using multicast. If multicast is unavailable, this package will not be distributed.Applies only to Configuration Manager 2007 R2 or later.