Configure scheduled Configuration Manager 2007 activities to take place outside business hours using the Wake On LAN feature, which has the following benefits:
- Helps to achieve a higher success rate for
Configuration Manager activities.
- Reduces the associated network traffic during
- Helps to conserve power by not requiring
computers to be left on outside business hours.
Click the associated link in the following section for detailed information about planning, configuring, managing, monitoring, and troubleshooting Wake On LAN.
In This Section
- Overview of Wake On LAN
- Provides an overview of the Wake On LAN feature.
- Prerequisites for Wake On LAN
- Provides both external dependencies and dependencies within the product for Wake On Lan feature.
- Planning for Wake On LAN
- Provides planning information for the Wake On LAN feature.
- Configuring Wake On LAN
- Provides the configuration checklist and tasks to configure Wake On LAN in the environment.
- Tasks for Wake On LAN
- Provides a set of tasks to perform Wake On LAN objectives.
- Troubleshooting Wake On LAN
- Provides troubleshooting information for Wake On LAN.
- Technical Reference for Wake On LAN
- Provides technical reference information for Wake On LAN.
- Wake On LAN Security Best Practices
- Provides security and privacy information and best practices for Wake On LAN.