Use the Display/Time Settings tab in the Configuration Manager 2007 deployment name properties dialog box to configure whether users are notified of pending software updates and see the update installation progress, and whether a client evaluates the deployment schedule based on local time or UTC.
The Display/Time Settings tab contains the following elements:
- Allow display notifications on clients
- Specifies that display notifications are used on clients that inform end users of available software updates and progress indicators are displayed during software update installation. By default, this setting is selected and display notifications are allowed on clients.
- Suppress display notifications on clients
- Specifies that display notifications are not used on clients and progress indicators are not displayed during update installation. Software update notification icons will still display on clients and users can click this icon to see available updates.
- Client Local Time
- Specifies that clients use their local time to evaluate the schedules for when software updates become available on clients and when deadlines enforce software update installation, if enabled. By default, this setting is selected and the local time on the client computer is used to evaluate deployment schedules.
- Specifies that clients use UTC to evaluate schedules for when software updates become available on clients and when deadlines enforce software update installation.
- Saves the changes and exits the dialog box.
- Exits the dialog box without saving any changes.
- Saves the changes and remains in the dialog box.
- Opens the help topic for this tab of the dialog box.