Configuration Manager 2007 SP1 and later cannot automatically manage AMT-based computers that have been provisioned by another AMT management solution. If you have decided to migrate these computers using an export utility supplied with the other management solution, you can provision these computers out of band using the following procedure.
For more information about deciding on a migration strategy, see Decide How to Migrate from an AMT-Based Management Solution to Out of Band Management in Configuration Manager.
Before running this procedure, ensure that you meet the following prerequisites:
- You have the CSV file that was produced as a
result of running the export procedure from your other management
solution, and it is accessible from the Configuration Manager
- You have configured the Configuration Manager
site for AMT provisioning. For more information, see How to Configure AMT
- The AMT-based computers can locate the out of
band service point in their assigned site as their provisioning
server. This can be achieved in various ways, including an alias
record in DNS that is configured with the FQDN of the site system
server that is configured with the out of band service point role.
For more information, see Decide Whether You
Should Register an Alias for the Out of Band Service Point in
- If the computers you want to migrate are
running a version of AMT that is not natively supported by
Configuration Manager, verify that you have installed and
configured the Intel WS-MAN translator on the site system server
with the out of band service point role. For information about
natively supported versions of AMT, see Overview of Out of Band
Management. For more information about the translator, see
To migrate AMT-based computers from another management solution after using their export utility
Create an empty collection that will contain the imported computers. For more information, see How to Create a Collection.
Click the collection, and view the columns in the results pane. If the AMT Status column and AMT Version column are displayed, go to step 3. If either or both of these columns are not displayed, perform the following actions:
- Right-click the collection, click View, and then click
- Under Available columns, click AMT Status and
AMT Version as required, and then click Add.
- If you do not want these columns to be displayed last in the
Configuration Manager console, click the column that you have
added, click Move Up until it is listed in the order you
require, and then click OK.
- Right-click the collection, click View, and then click Add/Remove columns.
If you have already configured Configuration Manager to use the Intel WS-MAN translator, go to step 4. If you need to enable this option, perform the following actions:
- Navigate to System Center Configuration Manager /
Site Database / Site Management / <site
code> – <site name> / Site Settings /
- Right-click Out of Band Management, and then click
- Click the AMT Settings tab, select Enable support for
Intel WS-MAN translator, and then click OK.
- Navigate to System Center Configuration Manager / Site Database / Site Management / <site code> – <site name> / Site Settings / Component Configuration.
Run the Import Computer for Out of Band Management Wizard using the following steps:
- Right-click Collections, and then click Import Out of
- On the Select Source Page of the wizard, ensure that the
option Import computers using a file is selected (the
default), and then click Next.
- On the Choose Mapping Page of the wizard, specify the
exported CSV file, use the File Preview information to make
any changes required to correctly assign the values to the listed
columns, and then click Next.
- Confirm the information shown on the Data Preview Page,
and then click Next.
- On the Choose Target Collection Page, enter or browse to
the collection that you created in step 1, and then complete the
- Right-click Collections, and then click Import Out of Band Computers.
Update the collection membership for the collection created in step 1 using the following actions:
- Right-click the collection.
- Click Update Collection Membership, and then click
- Press F5 to refresh the display.
- Right-click the collection.
Monitor the progress of AMT provisioning. For more information, see How to Identify Computers That Are Provisioned for AMT.