Consider the following limitations when running the Configuration Manager 2007 client on devices running Windows Embedded:
- Operating System Deployment is not supported,
except for the use of stand-alone media.
- When defining software inventory rules on the
Inventory Collection tab of the Software Inventory Client
Agent Properties dialog box, ensure the option Exclude
encrypted and compressed files is cleared when adding a new
file type to the File types list.
- Programs included in Configuration Manager
2007 packages must be configured to run with the option Whether
or not a user is logged on on the Environment tab of the
Program Properties dialog box.
- Virtual application packages are not
- The Remote Assistance feature detects “no
user logon” and shows the correct user name whether it is a member
of Local Users and Groups or a member of a domain Administrators
- The Remote Assistance Talking feature is not
Consider the following limitations when installing the Configuration Manager 2007 client on computers running Windows XP Embedded, Windows Embedded for Point of Service 1.0 and 1.1, and Windows Embedded Compact Edition:
- Operating system deployment is not supported.
Task sequences are supported for actions other than operating