Use the Subnets tab of the Configuration Manager 2007 Network Discovery Properties dialog box to specify the subnets for Configuration Manager to search during discovery.
The Subnets tab contains the following elements:
- Subnets to search
- Specifies the subnets that you want to search during Network
Discovery.The following options are available for managing the
subnets searched during a Network Discovery run:
- New icon: Opens the New Subnet
Properties dialog box to add subnet information to the
discovery polling list and to initially enable the specific subnet
Note Specifying a subnet does not guarantee that it will be searched, as this is influenced by the number of router hops selected. For more information, see About Router Hops in Network Discovery.
- Property icon: Opens the <Name>
Subnet Properties dialog box to view or modify subnet
information for a specific subnet from the discovery polling
- Delete icon: Removes the selected subnet from
the discovery polling list. If Network Discovery has discovered
resources in the subnet, it cannot be deleted.
Note If a subnet was found by Network Discovery rather than being added by the administrator, it will reappear in the displayed list when this dialog box is reopened.
- Enable/Disable icon: Enables or disables the
selected subnet for Network Discovery.
- Subnet: Specifies a subnet number in
IP format (for example: 18.104.22.168). This number can contain
Note When Network Discovery discovers resources in a subnet, that subnet is designated with a lock icon. These subnets cannot be deleted, but they can be disabled so that they will not be searched.
- Mask: Specifies the subnet mask for
the subnet number (for example, 255.255.255.0).
- Name: Specifies the subnet name if it
Note Not all subnets have names, and a name is not needed for Network Discovery to work.
- Search: Specifies whether the subnet
will be searched the next time Network Discovery runs. Available
options are Enabled and Disabled.
- New icon: Opens the New Subnet Properties dialog box to add subnet information to the discovery polling list and to initially enable the specific subnet search.
- Search local subnets
- Specifies whether subnets containing the server running Network Discovery will be searched. This option will be enabled by default.