Use the General tab in the Configuration Manager 2007 Task Sequence Properties dialog box to specify the task sequence name, description, whether the task sequence is assigned to a category, and what text is displayed in the progress notification dialog box when the task sequence runs.
The General tab contains the following elements:
- The name of this task sequence.
- An optional user-defined description of the package.
- An optional category to use to group task sequences. You can enter a new category and click Apply or select an existing category from the Category drop-down list. When advertising many task sequences to computers, the category helps you find specific task sequences of interest. Categories can also be used to distinguish among other programs in Add or Remove Programs that have been advertised by Configuration Manager 2007 and those advertised using group policies.
- Use default text
- Specifies that the default text string is used in the progress notification dialog box while the task sequence is running. For example, if the task sequence name is Task Sequence 1 then the text string would be Running: Task Sequence 1. This is the default setting.
- Use custom text
- Specifies that a custom text string is used in the progress notification dialog box while the task sequence is running. Enter the custom text string in the text box. There is a maximum of 50 characters.