Use the General page in the Configuration Manager 2007 Advertisement for Devices properties to specify general information such as the associated package, program, and collection for the specific advertisement selected.
The General tab contains the following elements:
- Specifies the name of the advertisement, up to 100 characters. This field is required.
- Specifies optional text about the advertisement, such as a description. You can use up to 127 characters. This information is made available to clients in the advertisement details.
- Specifies the package that contains the program that will be
advertised to mobile device clients. This field is required.Click
the Browse button to open the Select a Package dialog
box. Select the desired package, and click OK to choose the
Note Only one package may be selected at a time.
- Package: Specifies the name of the
- Package ID: Specifies the ID of the
package. This is the name of the .xml file associated with the
- Last refresh time: Specifies the date
and time the package was last refreshed.
- Package: Specifies the name of the given package.
- Specifies the program (within the specified package) to advertise to clients. This field is required.
- Specifies the existing collection that will receive the advertisement. This field is required.Click the Browse button to open the Browse Collection dialog box, enabling you to search for the collection you want.
- Include members of subcollections
- Specifies that the program will also be advertised to clients
and users in the specified collection's subcollections.
Note By default, the Include members of subcollections check box is selected. To avoid sending advertisements to subcollections, this option must be cleared.
- Saves any changes and exits the dialog box.
- Exits the dialog box without saving any changes.
- Saves any changes and remains in the dialog box.
- Opens the help topic for this tab of the dialog box.