You can use Configuration Manager 2007 to manage settings for remote desktop sessions where these are initiated from the Configuration Manager console.
This tab contains the following elements:
- Configure Remote Desktop Settings
- Selecting this check box allows Configuration Manager 2007 to manage remote desktop sessions where these are initiated from the Configuration Manager console.
- Allow permitted viewers to connect using Remote Desktop Connection
- If selected, this option allows administrators in the remote tools Permitted viewers list to initiate remote desktop connections from the Configuration Manager console.
- Require Network Level Authentication on computers running Windows Vista
- Select this more secure option when you are running the Configuration Manager 2007 console on a computer running Windows Vista or later, or you have upgraded the Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) to a version that supports network level authentication. For more information about using RDP and network level authentication see the help topic What types of Remote Desktop connections should I allow in your Windows documentation.
- Disable Remote Desktop Connection
- If selected, this option disables use of remote desktop from the Configuration Manager console.
- Saves the changes, and exits the dialog box.
- Exits the dialog box without saving any changes.
- Saves the changes, and remains in the dialog box.
- Opens the help topic for this tab of the dialog box.