When driver packages are distributed between sites, you must use senders to communicate with other sites. Use this tab to specify the optional sending priority and preferred sender for the driver package.
You can configure the following settings:
UI Element List
- Sending priority
- The priority of this driver package when sent to distribution points in child sites. Packages can be sent with High, Medium, or Low priority. The default setting is Medium priority. Packages are sent in priority order: High first, Medium next, and then Low. Packages with identical priorities are sent in the order in which they were created in the Configuration Manager console.Sending priority for an image is carried over in those sent from a parent site to a child site.
- Preferred sender
- The sender to be used to send this image to distribution points
in other sites. You can specify any sender configured for the site,
or No Preference, which uses any available sender. The
default setting is No Preference.
Note To use Courier Sender to distribute Packages, you must select it as the preferred sender.
- Branch Distribution Point content settings
- Use the options in this section to configure how Packages are distributed to branch distribution points.
- Automatically download the content when packages are assigned to branch distribution points.
- Select this option to have the image download automatically to a branch distribution point when a branch distribution point is specified manually or when running the Manage Distribution Points Wizard. This option is selected by default.
- Make this package available on protected distribution points when requested by clients inside the protected boundaries
- Select this option to make the package only available to Configuration Manager 2007 clients inside the protected boundaries when requested.
- Administrator manually copies this package to branch distribution points
- Select this option to manually manage how the image is distributed to branch distribution points.
- Allow this package to be transferred via multicast
- Enables this package to be transferred via multicast. Multicasting conserves network bandwidth by simultaneously sending data to multiple clients rather than copying and sending a copy of the data to each client over a separate connection. Multicast is only supported during the WinPE phase of operating system deployment.Applies only to Configuration Manager 2007 R2 or later.
- Encrypt multicast packages
- Specifies that the package will be sent encrypted when sent via multicast. Use this option if the operating system image package contains sensitive information. If not encrypted, the contents of the package will be visible in clear text on the network and could be read by other computers connected to the network.Applies only to Configuration Manager 2007 R2 or later.
- Only transfer this package via multicast
- Specifies that this package can only be sent using multicast. If multicast is unavailable, this package will not be distributed.Applies only to Configuration Manager 2007 R2 or later.
- Saves the changes and exits the dialog box.
- Exits the dialog box without saving any changes.
- Saves the changes and remains in the dialog box.
- Opens the help topic for this tab of the dialog box.