Use the Software Updates tab in the Configuration Manager 2007 deployment name properties dialog box to review the software updates that are part of the deployment, add new software updates to the deployment, or remove existing software updates from the deployment.
Each software update defined in the deployment is listed in the results pane with the following information:
- Bulletin ID: Specifies the bulletin ID
associated with security software updates. This column is blank for
software updates that aren't security related. Security bulletin
details can be found by searching on the bulletin ID at the
Microsoft Security Bulletin Search Web page (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=58313).
- Article ID: Specifies the article ID
associated with the software update. The article contains detailed
information about the software update.
- Title: Specifies the name of the
- Language: Specifies the supported
language for the software update.
- Severity: Specifies the predefined
vendor severity rating for the software update. The severity can
range from low to critical and cannot be modified.
|To add software updates to existing deployments, they must first be downloaded to a package using the Download Updates Wizard or from a previously created deployment. Software updates that have not been downloaded do not appear in the Add Software Update dialog box.|
The Software Updates tab contains the following elements:
- Adds software updates to the deployment. Click Add to open the Add Software Update Dialog Box that contains the software updates that have been downloaded. Expand the classification, expand the vendor, and expand the product to display the available updates. Select the updates to add to the deployment and then click OK. There is no limit to the number of software updates that can be in a deployment.
- Removes a software update that is no longer needed in the deployment. Highlight the software update in the results pane, and then click Remove. Software updates that are removed from this dialog box are only removed from the deployment definition. The folders and source files for removed software updates are not deleted so that they are available for other deployments.
- Saves the changes and exits the dialog box.
- Exits the dialog box without saving any changes.
- Saves the changes and remains in the dialog box.
- Opens the help topic for this tab of the dialog box.
TasksHow to Add Software Updates to a Deployment Package
ReferenceAdd Software Update Dialog Box
ConceptsAbout Software Update Deployments
About the Deploy Software Updates Wizard
Planning for a Software Update Deployment
Other ResourcesDeploy Software Updates Wizard
Deployment Name Properties
How to Manage Software Update Deployments