Use the Advanced tab of the Configuration Manager 2007 Software Distribution <Program Name> Properties dialog box to specify any special settings, such as program dependencies, that must be met for the program to install and run on the client computer.
The Advanced tab contains the following elements:
- Run another program first
- Specifies that this program requires another program to run
before it. By default, this check box is cleared. If a program is
run first and fails on a client, the dependent program will not
Note The program that you specify to run first does not need to be advertised separately. Important Dependent programs are not installed when a program is run in a task sequence. The Install Software action checks to see whether the dependent program is already installed. If so, the Install Software action will proceed with installing the main program. However, if the dependent program is not already installed, the installation of the main program will fail. You must explicitly install the dependent programs as part of your task sequence.
- Package: Specifies the package
containing the program that must run before this program.
- Program: Specifies the program that
must run first.
- Always run this program first:
Specifies whether the program that runs first should run every time
the advertised program runs, regardless of previous run
If the program that runs first has been run successfully, Configuration Manager 2007 does not automatically rerun it, even if the dependent program is on a recurring schedule.
- Package: Specifies the package containing the program that must run before this program.
- When this program is assigned to a computer
- Specifies how the program is assigned to users when Program
can run (on the Environment tab) is set to Only when
a user is logged on. The following options are available:
- Run once for the computer: The program
runs only once on the client computer. This is the default
- Run once for every user who logs on:
The program runs once for each new user who logs on.
- Run once for the computer: The program runs only once on the client computer. This is the default setting.
- Suppress program notifications
- Specifies that notification area icons and messages, as well as countdown notifications, will not be displayed for this program.
- Disable this program on computers where it is advertised
- Specifies whether all advertisements that contain this program are to be temporarily disabled. If this option is selected, the program is removed from the list of available programs for users to run and it will not be run through assignment until re-enabled. This check box is cleared by default.
- Allow this program to be installed from the Install Software task sequence without being advertised
- Specifies that the selected program can be installed by a task
sequence step. This option must be selected or any task sequence
steps that reference this program to install multiple applications
Note If the selected program has been previously advertised as part of a software distribution package, you must still select this option or any task sequence steps that reference this program will fail.
- Saves any changes and exits the dialog box.
- Exits the dialog box without saving any changes.
- Saves any changes and remains in the dialog box.
- Opens the help topic for this tab of the dialog box.