The advanced configuration for Wake On LAN allows you to fine-tune how wake-up packets are sent to computers, with the following options:
- The maximum number of transmission retries
and the delay period in between the retries.
- The maximum number of transmission
- The transmission offset, to specify when
wake-up packets are sent prior to a scheduled activity.
To configure the Wake On LAN advanced options, follow this procedure.
To configure Wake on LAN advanced options
In the Configuration Manager console, navigate to System Center Configuration Manager / Site Database / Site Management.
Right-click <site code> – <site name> and then click Properties.
On the Wake On LAN tab, click Advanced.
In the Wake On LAN Advanced Properties dialog box, configure the following options:
- Retries and Delay under the
Transmission retries section.
- Maximum and Wait (seconds)
under the Transmission maximum section.
- Transmission threads under the
Transmission threads section.
- Transmission offset (minutes) under
the Transmission offset section.
- Retries and Delay under the Transmission retries section.
Click OK, and then click OK to close the site properties dialog box.
Note For information about the options in the Wake On LAN Advanced Properties dialog box, see Wake On LAN Advanced Properties Dialog Box.