Use the Products tab in the Configuration Manager 2007 Software Update Point Properties dialog box to specify the products for which the software updates are synchronized. The products can be configured only on the software update point that is highest in the hierarchy, which is configured to synchronize with Microsoft Updates. If this software update point is configured to synchronize with an upstream server, this page is hidden and the products are based on the products configured at the software update point highest in the hierarchy.
The Products tab contains the following elements:
- All Products
- Specifies that software updates for all products are synchronized.
- Vendor Name
- Specifies that all software updates for the selected vendor are synchronized. One or more vendors can be selected.
- Product Family Name
- Specifies that all software updates for the selected product family are synchronized. For example, if Office is selected, all office products, such as Office 2002/XP, Office 2003, and so on, are automatically selected. One or more product families can be selected.
- Product Name
- Specifies that all software updates for the selected product are synchronized. One or more products can be selected.
- Saves the changes and exits the dialog box.
- Exits the dialog box without saving any changes.
- Saves the changes and remains in the dialog box.
- Opens the help topic for this tab of the dialog box.
TasksHow to Create and Configure an Active Software Update Point
How to Configure Software Updates Synchronization
How to Add the Software Update Point Site Role to a Site System
ConceptsAbout the Software Update Point
Determine the Software Update Point Infrastructure
Planning for the Software Update Point Installation
Planning for the Software Update Point Settings