Performing daily maintenance is important to ensure proper site operations. A daily maintenance log should be maintained to document dates that maintenance was conducted, by whom, and any maintenance-related comments about the task conducted.
Common Daily Maintenance Tasks
Some common daily maintenance tasks are listed below. Add any other maintenance tasks as needed to your daily maintenance log:
- Verify that predefined maintenance tasks
scheduled to run daily are running successfully.
- Check Configuration Manager 2007 site
- Check site server status.
- Check Configuration Manager 2007 site system
inboxes for backlogs.
- Check site systems status.
- Check client status.
- Check the operating system event logs on site
- Check the SQL Server error log.
- Check system performance.