System Center Configuration Manager 2007 device management enables mobile device discovery and management. Administrators can use the following Configuration Manager features to administer mobile devices running Microsoft Windows Mobile software for Pocket PC and Smartphone and Windows CE platforms:
- Hardware inventory
- Software inventory
- File collection
- Software distribution
- Mobile device configuration items
|For information about using the Configuration Manager 2007 Software Development Kit to script and develop software for this feature, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=129523.
In This Section
- Understanding Mobile Device Management
- Provides information about the components in a mobile device management environment.
- Supported Mobile Devices
- Provides a list of Configuration Manager 2007 supported mobile devices.
- Checklist for Mobile Device Management
- Specifies the administrator checklist to enable Specifies the administrator workflow for mobile device management.
- Administrator Checklist: Configuring Mobile Devices for a Site that Supports Internet-Based Client Management
- Specifies the administrator checklist to install Configuration Manager 2007 client mobile devices when they are assigned to a site that supports Internet-based client management.
- About Native Mode Certificates for Mobile Device Clients
- Specifies a list of requirements for mobile device support of native mode communication.
- Deploying Certificates to Mobile Device Clients
- Provides information about how certificates are deployed to mobile devices.
- About Configuration Items for Mobile Devices
- Provides an overview of configuration items for mobile devices.
- About Configuration Packages for Mobile Devices
- Provides an overview of configuration packages for mobile devices.
- About Packages from Definitions for Mobile Device Management
- Provides and overview of packages from definition used for mobile device management.
- Administrator Workflow for Mobile Device Management
- Specifies the administrator workflow for mobile device management.