Use the WiFi Settings Properties: Wireless Network tab of the Configuration Manager 2007 configuration item properties dialog box to specify the default VPN settings to distribute to client mobile devices. Configuration items are sent to client mobile devices using the New Configuration Packages Wizard.
Specify the name and description of the configuration item to be distributed to mobile devices.
- Network Name (SSID)
- Specifies the name of the wireless local area network (WLAN). All clients on the WLAN must have the same service set identifier (SSID) to communicate.
- Connects to (DestID)
- Specifies whether the WiFi properties connect to Internet or the corporate network.
- This is a device-to-device (ad-hoc) connection
- Specifies whether the connection allows the device to connect to any WiFi enabled device (ad-hoc) or whether it will only connect to WiFi infrastructure devices, such as a WiFi router.
- Saves the changes and exits the dialog box.
- Exits the dialog box without saving any changes.
- Saves the changes and remains in the dialog box.
- Opens the help topic for this tab of the dialog box.