Use the Schedule tab to specify when a program will be advertised to members of a target collection.
|When you click OK or Apply, Configuration Manager 2007 ensures that any assignment schedule entries do not occur before the Advertisement start time. Configuration Manager 2007 also ensures that if an expiration date and time is set, it does not occur before any of the assignment schedule entries or before the Advertisement start time.|
The Schedule tab contains the following elements:
UI Element List
- Advertisement start time
- Specifies the date and time when the program is advertised and
available to run on clients in their respective time zones. By
default, the current date and time is specified. To select another
date and time, click the adjacent arrows. To specify that the
advertisement start date and time are based on UTC rather than
local time, select the UTC check box.
Note If you select the UTC option, the program will be advertised on all clients simultaneously.
- Advertisement expires
- Specifies whether the advertisement has a date and time after
which the program advertisement is no longer available to run on
clients in their respective time zones.By default, the cutoff date
and time is set at 6 months from the current date and time. To
specify another date and time, click the adjacent arrows.To specify
that the advertisement start date and time are based on UTC rather
than local time, select the UTC check box.
Note If you select the UTC option, the advertisement will expire on all clients simultaneously.
- Mandatory assignments
- Specifies any mandatory assignment schedules, which indicate
that Configuration Manager will automatically run the program at a
specific time or according to a specific event (such as
Logon/Logoff).The following options are available for managing
advertisement class security rights:
- New icon: Click to open the
Assignment Schedule dialog box and create a new assignment
- Properties icon: Click to open the
Assignment Schedule dialog box to view or modify the current
- Delete icon: Click to delete the
- New icon: Click to open the Assignment Schedule dialog box and create a new assignment schedule.
- Enable Wake On LAN
- Specifies whether the site server will send a Wake On LAN transmission to wake up the client computer prior to the advertised program.
- Ignore maintenance windows when running program
- Specifies whether to have the advertised program ignore maintenance windows while the program is running.
- Allow system restart outside maintenance windows
- Specifies whether to allow the advertised program to restart the client even if the restart would occur outside a maintenance window.
- Specifies the advertisement's sending priority when replicated to child sites. Available options are Low, Medium (default), and High priorities.
- Program rerun behavior
- Specifies whether the advertised program will be rerun on the
client computer and under what conditions. The following options
- Never rerun advertised program
- Always rerun program
- Rerun if failed previous attempt
- Rerun if succeeded on previous
- Never rerun advertised program (default)
- Saves any changes and exits the dialog box.
- Exits the dialog box without saving any changes.
- Saves any changes and remains in the dialog box.
- Opens the help topic for this tab of the dialog box.