Topic last updated—November 2007
The Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 ConfigMgr Status Message Viewer is the primary tool for viewing status messages stored in a Configuration Manager 2007 site database. ConfigMgr Status Message Viewer is similar to the Windows Event Viewer, but it has additional capabilities that allow you to perform the following actions:
- Export and print status messages.
- Start multiple viewers to compare messages
- Select multiple rows of messages to create
your own grouping.
- Copy messages to the Windows clipboard (with
tab-delimited columns) to support pasting to applications such as
Microsoft Office Excel and Microsoft Office Word.
- Delete status messages (if you have
permission to do so).
- Find, filter, or sort on each column.
- Specify which columns are displayed and in
- Select ConfigMgr Status Message Viewer's
- Select additional startup and refresh
options. (Options are automatically saved when you exit ConfigMgr
Status Message Viewer.)
TasksHow to Delete Status Messages
How to Export Status Messages
How to Filter Status Messages
How to Find Status Messages
How to Open ConfigMgr Status Message Viewer
How to Query Status Messages
How to Refresh Status Messages
How to Set ConfigMgr Status Message Viewer Options
How to View Status Message Details