Use the Sync Schedule tab in the Configuration Manager 2007 Software Update Point Properties dialog box to specify whether the software update point is configured for synchronization on a schedule. The synchronization schedule is a site-wide setting and the Sync Schedule tab is available only at the highest site in the Configuration Manager 2007 hierarchy with an active software update point that synchronizes with Microsoft Update. If this software update point is configured to synchronize with an upstream server, this tab is hidden and the synchronization schedule is based on the configured site-wide schedule settings.
The Sync Schedule tab contains the following elements:
- Enable synchronization on a schedule
- Specifies whether software updates synchronization is runs on a schedule or is initiated manually from the Configuration Manager console.
- Simple schedule
- Specifies that synchronization is initiated on a specific interval based on number of hours, days, or weeks. You can specify from 1 to 23 hours, from 1 to 31 days, or from 1 to 4 weeks. By default, the simple schedule is selected and the interval is set to 7 days.
- Custom schedule
- Specifies that synchronization is initiated on a custom schedule. When the Custom option is selected, click the Customize button to open the Custom Schedule Dialog Box to configure the schedule.
- Saves the changes and exits the dialog box.
- Exits the dialog box without saving any changes.
- Saves the changes and remains in the dialog box.
- Opens the help topic for this tab of the dialog box.
TasksHow to Create and Configure an Active Software Update Point
How to Configure Software Updates Synchronization
How to Add the Software Update Point Site Role to a Site System
ConceptsAbout the Software Update Point
Determine the Software Update Point Infrastructure
Planning for the Software Update Point Installation
Planning for the Software Update Point Settings