The New Policies Wizard in Configuration Manager 2007 lets you create ConfigMgr NAP policies that you want to be included in Network Access Protection (NAP) evaluation, and specify when they will be become active on Configuration Manager 2007 clients that are able to support Network Access Protection.
Policies created in this Configuration Manager 2007 site apply to all computers in the All Systems collection and will flow down to child sites that are also enabled for Network Access Protection.
Once you have completed the wizard, the settings you define can then be modified in two places:
- In the policy properties under the
- In the software update properties under the
Software Updates node.
Software updates can also be included in NAP evaluation with the option Enable NAP evaluation in the Deploy Software Updates Wizard, and they can be included as a software update property under the Software Updates node.
|If the Configuration Manager NAP policies will result in computers having restricted network access if they do not have the selected software updates, ensure that those software updates are available on a sufficient number of distribution points serving as remediation servers so that remediation will occur in a timely fashion.|
Click the following related link for detailed information about each wizard page in the New Policies Wizard.
UI Element List
- Select Software Updates for Network Access Protection
- Displays any software updates that have been downloaded and exist in a software update package. Select one or more software updates you want to include in NAP evaluation.
- Set NAP Evaluation
- Specifies when you want the selected software updates to become
active on NAP-capable clients.
Important Do not specify a time before the software update packages that contain the selected software updates have completed replication to distribution points.
- As soon as possible: Select this
option if you want the selected software updates to be included in
NAP evaluation as soon as possible.
- Date and time: Select a date and time
on the client when the NAP policy becomes effective.
- As soon as possible: Select this option if you want the selected software updates to be included in NAP evaluation as soon as possible.
- Summary Page
- Displays the Wizard - Summary Page.
- Progress Page
- Displays the Wizard - Progress Page.
- Completing the Wizard Page
- Displays the Wizard - Completing the Wizard Page.
TasksHow to Delete a Configuration Manager NAP Policy to Stop NAP Evaluation in Network Access Protection
How to Set the Effective Date and Time to Begin NAP Evaluation for Network Access Protection
How to View Configuration Manager NAP Policies for Network Access Protection
ConceptsAbout the NAP Effective Date in Network Access Protection
About the NAP Client Status in Network Access Protection
About NAP Evaluation in Network Access Protection
About Network Access Protection in Configuration Manager Hierarchies
About Network Access Protection Remediation
About Configuration Manager NAP Policies in Network Access Protection