Use the Collection Limiting dialog box in Configuration Manager 2007 to specify whether a query is limited to a specific collection or will run against all available collections. This dialog box is usually displayed when you run a query that has the Prompt for collection option.
The Collection Limiting dialog box contains the following elements:
- Not Collection Limited
- Specifies that the query will run without being limited to a specific collection.
- Limit to Collection
- Specifies that the query will run against only the given
collection. If this option is selected, a collection must be
specified. To specify a given collection, type the collection name
or click Browse to select a collection using the Browse
Collection dialog box. For more information about this dialog
box, see Browse
Collection Dialog Box.
Note When you limit a query to a collection, that query is limited only to the collection that you specify. Subcollections are not included in this collection, as they are actually separate collections that are simply linked to a parent collection.
- Saves the changes and exits the dialog box.
- Exits the dialog box without saving any changes.
- Opens the help topic for the dialog box.