Topic Last Updated—August 2008
Use the General tab of the Configuration Manager 2007 Client Push Installation Properties dialog box to enable site-wide client push installation and to specify the types of computers on which the Configuration Manager 2007 client software can be installed.
This tab contains the following elements:
- Enable Client Push Installation to assigned resources
- Enables site-wide client push installation on this
Configuration Manager 2007 site. This automatically initiates
client installation on computers discovered within configured
boundaries and operates independently from the Client Push
Installation Wizard. For example, if you enable this option, the
client software will attempt to install on all the discovered
domain computers that meet the selection criteria below (system
types and site systems) without having to use the Client Push
Installation Wizard. You can also install the client software by
using the Client Push Installation Wizard without first enabling
this option.For more information about how to install clients by
using the two different client push methods, see How to Install
Configuration Manager Clients Using Client Push.
Note For client push installation to work, a discovery method must have been run on the Configuration Manager 2007 site.
- System types
- Specify the types of computers on which to install the
Configuration Manager client. The following roles are available:
- Domain controllers
Note This option is unavailable if Enable Client Push Installation to assigned resources is not checked.
- Enable Client Push Installation to site systems
- Specifies that the client can be installed to computers hosting Configuration Manager 2007 site systems.
- Saves the changes and exits the dialog box.
- Exits the dialog box without saving any changes.
- Saves the changes and remains in the dialog box.
- Opens the help topic for this tab of the dialog box.
TasksConfiguration Manager Client Installation and Upgrade Issues
How to Configure the Configuration Manager Client Push Installation Account
How to Install Configuration Manager Clients Using Client Push
ConceptsAbout Configuration Manager Discovery
Determine the Configuration Manager Client Installation Method to Use
Overview of Configuration Manager Client Deployment