Use the General tab of the Configuration Manager 2007 Status Viewer Options Properties dialog box to specify general refresh and display options for the status message viewer window.
This tab contains the following elements:
- Refreshes the display in the status message viewer window at the time interval you specify, using the currently active query and filters. The default value is 5 minutes.
- Limit messages returned from query
- Limits the number of messages that are returned by a query to conserve disk space. For more information, see the topic About Messages Returned by a Query. The default value is 1000 messages. To view all messages, specify the value 0.
- Display time in selected time zone
- Displays status message times in the selected time zone. By default, message times are displayed in the time zone local to the computer running status message viewer.
- Resolve description strings
- Many status messages contain variables that are resolved when
the message is generated because there is no way to know ahead of
time what the data will be. For example, message 1106 reported by
SMS_EXECUTIVE corresponds to the following string: Scheduled thread
component %1 is next scheduled to start on %2.If Resolve
description strings is selected, then when this message is
generated, an actual thread component replaces %1, and its
scheduled start time replaces %2, resulting in a string
Scheduled thread component SMS_SITE_SYSTEM_STATUS_SUMMARIZER is next scheduled to start on Mon Aug 31 13:00:00 1998 Pacific Daylight Time.If Resolve description strings is not selected, message retrieval is faster, but the preceding message would appear as:
Scheduled thread component "" is next scheduled to start on "".This option is unavailable when status message viewer is launched from a query because the query determines whether description strings are resolved.
- Resolve property strings
- Many status messages contain properties and property values that are resolved when the message is generated because there is no way to know ahead of time what the data will be. If Resolve property strings is selected, status message properties and property values, if any, are included with the message and can be searched or filtered. If this option is not selected, message retrieval is faster, but properties and property values cannot be searched or filtered.This option is unavailable when status message viewer is launched from a query because the query determines whether property strings are resolved.
- Saves the changes and exits the dialog box.
- Exits the dialog box without saving any changes.
- Saves the changes and remains in the dialog box.
- Opens the help topic for this tab of the dialog box.