There are a number of actions that you can take to troubleshoot product issues:
- Ensure that Operations Manager 2007 is installed properly.
- Ensure that Operations Manager 2007 configuration settings are
- Ensure that all Microsoft® Systems Management Server
(SMS) systems have been configured with Operations Management
- Ensure that all managed SMS Provider and SMS site database
computers have the Operations Manager 2007 agent installed and are
enabled to proxy for other computers.
- Verify that your import of the Management Pack is complete and
- Ensure that all relevant entities are enabled, such as rules
and associated alerts.
- Ensure that the computer groups are populated with the correct
computers. You can use Views to perform this inspection.
- Ensure that there are no heartbeat failure alerts.
- Ensure that the heartbeat interval is set properly and that the
rules are propagated to the Operations Manager 2007 agent
- Ensure that dependent services, including Windows Management
Instrumentation (WMI), World Wide Web Publishing Service, Internet
Information Services (IIS) Admin Service, Background Intelligent
Transfer Service (BITS), and MSSQLServer, are installed and running
properly on SMS 2003 site systems.
- Ensure that there are no rules being automatically disabled by
Operations Manager 2007 due to excessive firing, incorrect
syntax, or scripts running too long.
- Ensure that all performance counters are properly