Before deploying the Microsoft® Systems Management Server (SMS) 2003 Management Pack, review the Microsoft Operations Manager 2007 Deployment Guide on the Operations Manager 2007 web page (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=83259). This section provides additional instructions for deploying Operations Manager management packs.
To deploy the SMS 2003 Management Pack, you must complete the following processes:
- Deploy the Operations Manager 2007 agent to all SMS server
|If Operations Manager 2007 maintenance mode or topology mapping is required, you must deploy SMS 2003 SP3 before importing the SMS 2003 management pack or installing the Operations Manager 2007 agent.|
- Import the SMS 2003 Management Pack into an Operations
Manager 2007 configuration group.
- Configure SMS Providers and SMS Site Database servers to so
that Operations Manager 2007 agents can proxy for other
- Complete the recommended test and pilot test tasks.
- Complete the recommended tuning tasks.