The following resources are available for the Microsoft System Management Server 2003 management pack.
Microsoft Operations Manager 2007
To access the Operations Manager 2007 core product documentation on the Internet and for the latest information about System Center Operations Manager 2007, see the Operations Manager 2007 product web page (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=83259).
All of the information that you need for deploying and using SMS 2003 is provided in the core product documentation, the SMS Administrator console Help, the SMS glossary, and the SMS Online Library. The SMS Online Library and SMS Administrator console Help are accessible from the SMS Administrator console.
SMS 2003 Online Library
The SMS Online Library provides pointers to all the information that you need for deploying and using SMS. There are two ways to run the SMS Online Library after you install SMS 2003:
- From the Start menu, click Programs, click
Systems Management Server, and then select SMS Online
- Right-click SMS Online Library in the SMS Administrator
console tree, and then click Run Online Library.
The Online Library includes the following:
- "SMS 2003 Release Notes," which contain critical
information about SMS.
- "What’s New in this Version of SMS," which describes the
differences between this version of SMS 2003 and earlier
- A link to the SMS Product Documentation Web page.
- Links to download pages for the SMS 2003 Device Management
Feature Pack and the SMS 2003 Operating System Deployment
SMS on the Web
- To locate technical papers and information about related
products, see the Microsoft Systems Management Server 2003 product
Web site. The SMS Web site also provides specific information about
how to use SMS with other Microsoft products, such as Microsoft
Windows® XP and Microsoft Office XP.
- For links to browseable and downloadable versions of
SMS 2003 core product documentation, see the Systems Management Server 2003 Product
Documentation Web page.
- Microsoft maintains many free newsgroups where you can post
your questions and obtain free support from your peers and often,
from members of the SMS product team. Visit the Systems Management Server Community Web page for more
information about free newsgroups.
- For technical how-to articles, FAQs, Web casts, newsgroups, and
more, see the Support for Systems Management Server Web page.
- To search the Microsoft Knowledge Base and other technical
resources for fast, accurate answers to SMS questions, visit the
Microsoft Help and Support Web site. You can query the
Knowledge Base to find an article about a specific issue by using
the "Qxxxxxx" number or the "xxxxxx" number that is assigned to the
- Help the SMS documentation team ship the kind of product
information that you need most by giving us your feedback and
comments. Send your feedback about our documentation to SMS