In addition to the tasks that you perform daily and weekly, review data in the following categories on a monthly basis.
Most Common Alerts and Events
- Most common alerts
- Most common events
- Most common alerts and events by rule group
- Most common alerts and events by SMS 2003 component
- Most common alerts and events by SMS 2003 feature
Develop an action plan to reduce these numbers.
SMS Backlog Monitoring
- Look at reports relating to the backlog trends on various site
SMS Backlog Trends
- Review backlog-related reports to ensure that there is not a
long-term upward trend in the number of backlogs or an unacceptable
level of backlogs affecting service level agreements (SLAs) on an
SMS site system.
SMS Performance Trends: Totals and Processing Rates
- Discovery data records
- Hardware inventory
- Software inventory
- Software metering
- Status messages
General System Performance
- Disk usage
- Memory usage
- Processor usage
SMS Service Availability
- SMS Agent Host Service
- SMS Client Service
- Run the SMS 2003 availability reports to review the
availability of SMS servers and SMS components.