In addition to the tasks that you perform daily, perform the following tasks on a weekly basis:
- Review the reports. For a list of the reports included in the
SMS 2003 Management Pack, see the Reports for SMS 2003
section in this guide.
- Review the past week’s alerts, events, and performance for
potential problems and trends.
- If needed, adjust the Operations Manager 2007 configuration
settings, such as the Operations Manager 2007 agent heartbeat
interval, Service Monitoring status check interval, Agent Manager
heartbeat scan interval, discovery intervals, and database grooming
- Review the backup history of SMS sites.
- Review the backup history of the Operations Manager 2007
configuration group for SMS 2003.
- Review the SQL Server database and log.
- Run the SMS 2003 availability reports to get the
availability of SMS servers and their components.
- Verify your SMS hierarchy by using the SMS 2003 Hierarchy