This script creates a status Management Information Format (MIF) file that can help give you flexibility in the status reporting of complex packages that you distribute with SMS.
To create status MIF files by using scripts, use the MIF Generation Object (ISMIFCOM32).
When using the MIF Generation Object, remember the following:
- The script puts the MIF file in the %Temp% directory, so
do not specify which directory the file should go in.
- ISMIFCOM.dll and ISMIF32.dll must be distributed to the clients
where MIF Generation Object-based scripts will be used.
- You will need to register the DLLs with RegSvr32.
For more information, see the extending hardware inventory topic in the SMS 2003 SDK.
Dim MIF Set MIF=CreateObject("ISMIFCOM.InstallStatusMIF") Mif.Create "MyScript", "MyCompany", "MyScript", "1.0", " ", " ", "Completed all phases", 1
Compiling the Code
- Requires Windows 2000 Server SP2 or later.
- Requires an SMS 2003 Site Server.
- Requires ISMIFCOM.dll—Available from the SMS 2003 SDK.
- Requires ISMIF32.dll—Available in the %Windir% directory
of SMS site servers.