must have Modify permission for the Package security object type
to modify package properties.
- Right-click the package you want to modify, and then click
- In the Package Properties dialog box, update the
settings as follows:
- Modify general data for a package, such as the package name and
version, in the General tab.
- Modify data source settings, including the package source
directory, in the Data Source
- Configure access to the package's data files, such as the
distribution share name, in the Data
- Configure distribution point settings, such as scheduling
updates to package data, in the Distribution Settings tab.
- Configure how SMS identifies package status information, in the
- Configure security settings for the package in the Security tab.
Modify a Program
Distributing Software to Clients