If you specified a test computer during Setup, the default objects created install the SMS 2003 R2 Scan Tool for Vulnerability Assessment on the test computer. To install the assessment scan tool on all applicable clients, you must either modify the default collections or create your own advertisements and collections. After your clients have run the assessment scan, you can see the results in the reports and investigate any vulnerability reported by SMS.
Note The SMS 2003 R2 Scan Tool for Vulnerability Assessment reports on vulnerabilities but does not remediate them. Also, the assessment scan tool does not scan for or apply any software updates. For information about scanning for and applying software updates, see Scenarios and Procedures for SMS 2003: Software Distribution and Patch Management available from the Systems Management Server 2003 Product Documentation Web page (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=9502).
The following topics in this section provide more information about using the SMS 2003 R2 Scan Tool for Vulnerability Assessment.
In This Section
- Managing Collections for the Scan Tool for Vulnerability Assessment
- Provides information about managing the Scan Tool for Vulnerability Assessment collections.
- Viewing the Vulnerability Assessment Results
- Provides information about viewing the Scan Tool for Vulnerability Assessment scan results using reports and Resource Explorer.
- Investigating Vulnerabilities
- Provides information about how to investigate the vulnerabilities that are discovered by the Scan Tool for Vulnerability Assessment.