During the software updates catalog import process in the Custom Updates Publishing Tool, the Catalog Validation - Security Warning dialog displays for all unsigned catalogs and signed catalogs that are not configured to be automatically accepted.
|Catalog files from untrusted publishers can potentially harm client computers when scanning for updates. Accept catalogs only from trusted publishers.|
This dialog box contains the following elements:
- Click the Publisher name to view details about the certificate used to sign the catalog.
- Always Accept Catalog from " Publisher "
- Specifies to always accept catalogs from the publisher. When this option is selected, all catalogs created by the publisher are automatically accepted. This option is available only for signed software updates catalogs.
- Ask me every time
- Specifies to display the Catalog Validation - Security Warning dialog box every time a software updates catalog is imported. This option is available for signed and unsigned catalogs and is the default option.
- Tell Me More
- Opens the SMS 2003 R2 Catalog and Software Update Security Validation Dialog Web site (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=66052), which provides more information about the dialog box.
- Specifies that the software updates catalog is trusted and to import it into the publishing tool.
- Don't Accept
- Specifies to reject the software updates catalog file and not import it into the publishing tool.